6.08.2009

Ito-Mobile

Forget that other blog I was telling you about last week. That wasn't very well thought out. What I really wanted, was a place where I could do less talking, and more showing of what I'm up to...

I want to get better at spur of the moment photography, and according to my parents and everyone, the only way to get better at anything, is to do it more. Although I enjoy looking at other people's Polaroids, and real film fun, I'm not big into the retro camera movement, mostly because I can't really afford to take on more equipment (I have enough stuff because of my addiction to crafting, and my often wandering attention). Hopefully I can practice digitally, and get better at framing life, with no money wasted on developing my horrible mistakes*. I spent enough time and money on that in high school... My goal in my new space, is to document more, using my mobile phone camera, just because it is something I have with me most of the time, and is much easier to carry than my Nikon D50. Also, I get embarrassed bringing out "the big guns," because I usually get some kind of comment like, "Wow, someone has a fancy camera," followed by questions about the specs on it. That makes me nervous, since I suck at remembering technical things...

This new space is meant to house my photo essays on my day to day life. I am hoping to keep it free of words (in the posts), but occasionally there might be a cute video, links, or funny photos that I didn't take myself. My guarantee is that it will always be filled with snaps of the day to day, whether it be from my phone, my fancy pants camera, other websites, etc.

I hope you will visit my other home every now and then:




* Though I like to sound like I'm some kind of thrifty wizard, I accidentally spent a bunch of money, uploading pictures from my phone directly to Flickr. Still need to fine tune this whole process so I don't end up an accidental chump...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jolly Roger Jonesy said...

Have fun with the cell "sidearm." Oh and don't fear the backlash of the retro camera film hipster/trustafarian movement.

10:49 AM, June 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home