2.16.2009

While You Were Out...

hooray.web



In case you were curious, I wasn't spending the last month in New York. This picture was taken in a walkway at Grand Central Station. The week-long trip was really fun, and I was looking forward to getting back and sharing all the awesome adventures I had, leisurely posting pictures from my trip, etc... but...

When I landed in Los Angeles on Saturday night, I was greeted by the news that I shouldn't come into work on Monday, because Imagi wouldn't be able to pay me. The news wasn't delivered with any kind of alarm, and at first I wasn't too worried, I guess part of my brain was still on vacation in New York. Details were kind of vague, and it seemed that it might be just a short term problem... But after the first week went by, and there was nothing new for HR and Imagi to say to reassure me that I would be back at my desk anytime soon, all free time went towards figuring out a plan of action so I can keep my health coverage, and so I don't starve. I was still a bit hopeful, but now into week three... well... what would you think? They were still marketing Astroboy at the New York Comicon, so they still must be pushing forward somehow...

Imagi... I don't know what the heck happened, and while I have feelings about it all, I'm gonna leave it alone for now. I hope for the best, but am prepared for anything... In case you are interested in more of the details about what happened with Imagi, and what their future might be- for now it's best to check the Animation Guild blog. They know what's what, much more than me about all this... the posts regarding Imagi can be found here and here.

Thankfully things are back on track for me personally, and shortly I'll be sharing my pics from the trip, as well as my pieces for some upcoming shows... Thanks for still checkin' back here, even though I disappeared for a bit...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Robinson said...

Sorry to hear about Imagi, Liz. I was just laid off at the beginning of February. Ah well, on to bigger and better things! You making a stop by WonderCon?

3:35 PM, February 16, 2009  
Blogger potato farm girl said...

Hey Ito! I was wondering how that all was affecting you and hoping you were okay. Hopefully things will be getting on track for you again soon. In other news... I got your glow in the dark robot print from Mary for Christmas!! He is so awesome! He is framed and hanging in my living room, so when I get ready for bed, he glows happily! :) Thank you!

11:28 PM, February 16, 2009  
Blogger Hannah said...

Awww...looks like I won't be able to stop by after all... Good luck on your next gig. I'm sure you'll find work in no time!

Neil (sorry, I'm too lazy to set up a new account)

11:04 AM, March 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home