4.24.2008

A Start: Cramming out the Bad with Cute


recoverysketch.003web



After Kevin and my misadventures last week (see post below for partial explanation), followed by the whirlwind of getting Kevin prepped for a three week trip to London, culminating in his departure yesterday afternoon, and then topped off with a late night of working on storyboards, I found myself driving home, feeling a little bit defeated. I decided it was high time I cram some cute into the moment to pull myself into a better mood. This is the beginning of my new, larger format, Moleskine landscape watercolor sketchbook. This page isn't finished yet, but I thought I'd start showing a little more about my process on my blog, and what better place to start than with the beginning of something new.

Also, thank you to Jared, and Drawn! for posting about me and my new store.

4 Comments:

Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

Congrats on the Drawn! Post Elizabeth, and nice work on the sketchbook page! I especially like the little rex on the far right.

6:42 PM, April 24, 2008  
Blogger kevin said...

i want to squeeze every one of those aquatic critters! such awesome drawings... miss you <3

2:37 AM, April 25, 2008  
Blogger PATTY LEIDYS ZERO HOUR said...

your stuff ROCKS!! I adore the lil preemies!

8:54 PM, April 25, 2008  
Blogger Jon said...

As always, your work inspires me. Such simple characters. When I look at this, I can imagine you (though I only know you from your blog, but you know what I mean) effortlessly scratching these guys together to release the tension and the result: beautiful.

PS - I also enjoyed your sketchbook on Etsy. I've even shared it with some friends. Way to go!

2:13 PM, May 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home