7.02.2007

Random Update

I've been fairly busy lately, and egregiously neglectful of all things blogger. It's a lot easier to keep track of other people's work online than to be regular about posting my own... The owl paintings from the previous post were in a show at Gallery 1988 SF. I wasn't able to make it to the opening, but you can see the other work featured in the show, Back for Seconds, here. According to their site, my pieces are still up for grabs, so if you want one, call them up!

It was recently my birthday, and I had a really good time going to Disneyland with friends, and then having dinner with my family the following evening. We went to Kinokunia bookstore in Downtown L.A., where I purchased a couple of storyboard books of my favorite Miyazaki movies- Spirited Away, and My Neighbor Totoro



Totoro Jack-O-Lantern
(I didn't make this, but I wish I had)


I also bought a new sketchbook with paper that I like, that takes watercolor well, without buckling too much... I have some Dr. Ph Martin's concentrated watercolors, and have been trying them out in my new book. The colors are vibrant and fun- if anyone uses these, I would appreciate any advice on technique, or examples of artwork that has been done with these kinds of watercolor.

Here's some of the stuff that I've been doodling lately:


yellow_sketch.001

yellow_sketch.002

yellow_sketch.004

yellow_sketch.005



On a random note, I discovered that my Mari Inukai cat-ring-holder took a liking to my Anna Sui perfume bottle...


DSC_0001web
No, I didn't stage this, just noticed it was like that last night-
Creeepy!

7 Comments:

Blogger that's hugo said...

HAHA!! The cat and the bottle. Just amazing. That and the Totoro. Gonna have to make that this year.

2:37 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger chickennuggets said...

Everything in that picture was so fancy.

5:13 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Will Finn said...

Nice pix, Liz. I used to use Dr Martin's in art school and the only advice i can offer is to keep your artwork out of sunlight, that stuff fades like crazy! (at least it used to back in the stone age)

10:15 PM, July 02, 2007  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

Mari is breaking into your house at night and rearranging your knick-knacks.

1:23 PM, July 03, 2007  
Anonymous miss saturn sixx said...

how cute! kitty says: "are you my mommy?"

6:27 PM, July 05, 2007  
Anonymous Theresa said...

Still fades even in the 21st century! avoid sunlight but have fun. those rich colors are FUN!

theresa

8:29 PM, July 05, 2007  
Blogger Moro Rogers said...

That's an awesome pumpkin! I want to make one that! The birds are really funny, too.

11:34 PM, July 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home