5.09.2007

APE Adventures (II): Sketchbook

APEsketch001
APEsketch002
APEsketch003
APEsketch005



This last guy was sitting next to me for pretty much the whole convention telling people about the Bay Area Alternative Press Association. After hearing him rope in a few people that had a minute, I heard him tell each person about free printmaking classes. He showed one lucky dude the finger that he had smashed in a letterpress machine... If you know what those are like, basically the guy's finger should've looked like a ping pong paddle... and it kind of looked like it might have at one point... there was barely a nail on it anymore. He kept showing me this calendar, and a magazine put together by the organization he was representing. He also let me know that people were often inclined to give a $20 donation for the calendar or the magazine, usually followed by an awkward pause...

Every so often when traffic got slow he would turn to me and ask me, "How are you doing?"

I was doing fine.

9 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

These are great!

11:43 PM, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Keath007 said...

Looks like APE doubled as great sketching material too. Thanks for posting these!

4:59 AM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger mauricio salmon said...

great sketches! really fance and free.

6:08 PM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger RicoVado said...

Bay Area Alternative Press. Stay away from them. The high pressure sales job is just part of the larger picture - they are a NATLFED front group, part cult and part scam. Lots of information available on NATLFED if you Google them - or look at http://politicalcults.blogspot.com/.

P.S. Great sketches!

5:37 AM, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Moro Rogers said...

Hehe, your stuff is sweet! I feel like I've met the geek in the Grindhouse shirt...

3:19 PM, May 13, 2007  
Blogger Edward Juan said...

Ito! Love your sketches! Did you draw them with brush ink pen? I'm glad you liked my film. I wish I had time to talk to you. I was mugged by pixarians. Too bad I had to drive that night.

5:26 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Sergio R. said...

ELIZABETH!!! you DID find my blog... LOL. Thanks for the comment. I love your stuff, as always.

6:15 PM, May 15, 2007  
Blogger Alina Chau said...

THese sketchbook pages are awesome!

6:45 PM, May 16, 2007  
Blogger Inhae Lee said...

How is work? We should totally crash you guys house for Nintendo Bongo..

9:56 AM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home