4.05.2007

Where Have I Been?

April Fools Day came and went, and thankfully I can say that no fool was made out of me this year... Yet...

I haven't had much time for posting lately- between moving, starting a new studio job, working on freelance, trying to start up my own, independently produced short film, trying to get a new toy designed and produced, and working on polishing up a couple pitches that a major studio has been interested in, I've found little time for moments of calm... but when I've found them, I've been more interested in using them for spending time with my boyfriend, friends, and family (sometimes only by phone, lately... sorry, family).

I've been meaning to post a photoblog of stuff I was up to when I was too busy to be a consistent blogger, and now I am gonna try winning you over with random posts of highlights of my fond memories of free time... Here are some photos of me and Kevin's drive from Kirkland, Washington to Pasadena, California.


Some really nice blossoming trees that I was able to somehow take a picture of from inside a moving, highway speed, Uhaul Mini-Mover. Maybe it's because of my new, fancy-pants camera... Thank you, fancypants Nikon!




These were... pretty much... the best clouds ever.



This was the creepiest bathroom I have ever used. First of all, it was at this tiny gas station in the middle of nowheresville. It was all by itself, off the 5, in the very most northern area of California. There were only two pumps, and they looked like the last time they were replaced was in the late 70s, maybe early 80s. It was raining when we got there... and if Psycho took place in a gas station, this would be the one... If you can see near the lady mannequin's right shoulder, there's a speaker. Upon entering the bathroom and closing the door, a blood curdling scream comes out of there, and lasts for way too long. Thanks for scaring the pee out of me... good thing I'm in the bathroom!

Here's me and Kevin at breakfast in the Black Bear Diner. The one we went to was in Yreka. No, that isn't a typo. And don't be fooled into thinking it's pronounced like Eureka, as in, "Eureka, I've found it!" There is another town called Eureka, and they will punch you in the nose for making that mistake. As far as I know, it's pronounced, "why"-reeka. At breakfast I overheard a man saying there was an "oriental lady" workin up the road... a really nice lady... As far as I know, I was the only oriental in the whole diner. I chose not to linger too long there...

As the sun went down one afternoon, it looked as if the clouds were lined with gold...

Kevin's a lot greener in the dark. I was surprised this came out all artsy and blurry... I think this was taken at another creepy place off the 5. We had intended to eat at some restaurant we spotted, but it turned out to be closing, and it was next to some creepy little market that had a plastic, lifesize white horse on the outside for no good reason. And a really friendly cat that kept meowing at me and coming up to be pet... I think cats can sense that I'm allergic... One day I'm gonna wake up and a gang of cats will be waiting to get me...




The End

4 Comments:

Anonymous kevin said...

i had way more fun on this trip than it looks like in those photos!! seriously!

anyway, yeah, between seattle and los angeles is a 1200 mile stretch of creepstown...

2:30 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

Cool photos. And sounds like your up to neat stuff. A new film! Let me know if I can help. :)

9:32 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger MARILLA said...

ha ha ha ha ha--!!I I just laugh and laugh and laugh and stuff,, even I see your face when you were in those all moments..ha ha ha-!!
you made me laugh crazy...
I totaly would do the same what you did.....
I could not still read Eureka,,?Yureka?
ha ha ...they would stare at me ........

I am glad you are happy now..

11:24 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger potato farm girl said...

I drove that stretch of "Creeps town" every summer back and forth from college. The clouds are prettier up there. Thank you for the apple blossom photo!!

8:05 PM, April 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home