3.01.2007

Job Interview at Sanrio

Today I had a job interview at Sanrio!

As a kid, I frequented their stores, usually with my mom, who was, and still is, just as big a fan of their uber-cute products as me. While some people gush about their childhood memories of Disney movies, I think I have more of a fond memory of Sanrio products and design. If you are familiar with my style, I don't think this comes as much of a surprise. They have an office here in Los Angeles, in Torrance. The building itself is much like any other office building, but when you walk in their door, you get socked in the face with cute:



The welcoming committee seems ok with... wait a sec... Whoa! ... Everyone except Deerie-Lou! Look at him! He (yes, he) looks like he's onto my bitterly-sarcastic-nougat-filled center... Scary! Especially because these plush guys and gals were about as tall as me. Man, I wish I could take them home...

Although... Here's the awesome treats that the lovely lady who interviewed me gave me as a parting gift! Presents are AWESOME! And these are easier to carry out the door than a giant, plush Choco-Cat.



I have to thank my friend Renee for hooking me up with the job interview. She picked up some of the buttons I was giving away at the San Diego Comicon last year. We had been exchanging emails, and I had told her of my current unemployment. Unbeknownst to me, she had just started working for Sanrio, and was able to get me in touch with the woman who I met with this morning. I am happily surprised at how something as little as a cute button can end up allowing me so many wonderful opportunities.

4 Comments:

Anonymous kevin said...

wow i bet you fit right in with all those cute critters, eh cutie?

5:58 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger potato farm girl said...

Yes! Work there and hook me up with some cell phone key dangly charms!!!!!!! Um, please? :)

3:20 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Wynne Chen said...

Awsome!!
Hope u get the job!!
And good luck!

9:15 AM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger tinclusive said...

Hi, I want to apply to a Sanrio store here in my city because they're hiring & I ABSOLUTELY love it & truly believe I would work to the best of my abilities there. However they don't have any applications. ): So I went to 2 other Sanrio stores and neither of them are carrying applications either.

I was googling a Sanrio Application for a while now and happened to stumble onto your blog. Do you think it is possible to maybe scan an application for the retail store?

Thank you SO much. <333

2:38 PM, May 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home