2.23.2007

Last Night, I Met...

Michel Gondry!


He was signing stuff at the Virgin Megastore in West Hollywood, to promote the DVD release of The Science of Sleep

I made him a tiny diorama pop-up thing out of a business card and a drawing:







I gave him one of my Mister Monster toys, too...


I think he liked it. Hopefully this wasn't posted by him.



I gave him copies of the drawings that I did for him back when I was working on my pilot, My Family as Monsters for ABC Family, and trying to get him as a person to interview for a portion of the show. It seemed like he hadn't seen them before, but was happy to recieve them. He asked if it was him in the drawings... and I think liked the one I drew where he was standing next to Godzilla's foot, the most. I gave the originals to someone at Disney TV to send to him, way back when... I dunno what happened... Oh Disney!

I got his autograph, twice.





And here's our pictures, for reals!

I think he's looking at the diorama I made...
probably thinking, "what the heck is this?"




Fin?

9 Comments:

Blogger chickennuggets said...

You should've quickly covered him in a burlap sack and thrown him into your car.

11:00 AM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger MARILLA said...

where are the photos of me and him!?(>_<)

2:18 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

Awesome!

3:10 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Jeremy Bernstein said...

Oh my god...you guys are like totally cute and stuff.

6:29 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Skribbl said...

OMG! STALKER!!!!!

10:00 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger mauricio salmon said...

woww that's awesome! i've yet to see that movie.

2:23 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger chris chua said...

Awesome! I'm sure he dug your gifts! When do I get a free Liz Ito figure or artwork??!

6:03 PM, March 01, 2007  
Anonymous Erica said...

Been visiting this blog from time to time. Just thought I'd say I love the business card!

Michel Gondry is made of AWESOME.

4:23 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Edward Juan said...

you...

NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!


congrats on meeting your hero. NERD!!!!!!!

3:21 PM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home