1.26.2007

Molly n' Dave

I did a portrait of my friends Molly and Dave. Dave said that Molly complained that there weren't enough pictures of the two of them up in their apartment. Dave said he didn't really want to be looking at his own mug on the wall that often, so he asked me to paint them as monsters. He gave the picture to Molly as part of her Christmas present. I hope she liked it! (I believe she did, judging by a rad Myspace comment i got from her... sigh... Myspace...)

Here are the different phases the designs went through, till I arrived at something I felt was right...



mollyndavedemo.005
mollyndavedemo.004
mollyndavedemoweb.001
mollyndavedemoweb.006mollyndavedemoweb.007davenmolly.c

mollyndavefinal001

4 Comments:

Blogger SMacLeod said...

Awesome. You know I was just thinking about how certain professions have their perks, like being a pilot you and family can travel free, a mechanic can fix friends' cars, or a hotel manager can hook you up with a free stayover. Well, artists don't have to buy greeting cards and can make the best Christmas/Birthday one-of-a-kind presents for people. Artists are great to have around huh?

Really like the painting!

10:10 PM, January 25, 2007  
Blogger Nathanael said...

Just came across your blog. Thanks for posting all the sketches...I love them. For this posting I really like the third one down with just the ear and face outlines(I don't have much money but do you sell these?). And the face of the girl on a date below is great. I like to learn from seeing other artists' process and was happy to find your page.

12:32 AM, January 28, 2007  
Blogger Winona said...

I really like these characters. So great!
Really nice drawings :)

6:20 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger chris chua said...

awesome!!! I love that you didn't do a straight out portrait. Great job!!

10:06 AM, February 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home