10.18.2006

15 Miles in the Snow

I've been working on a list of projects I've been thinking about for a long time, but not doing anything about. This year started out kind of rough for me, and the middle of it wasn't so hot either. With the exception of an awesome trip to Japan, I went through a bit of a rough patch. I was unsure about work, unsure about the future, and not sure whether I would ever be as creative and productive as I was while I was a student.


Recently, seemingly all at once a bunch of things have happened that have made me feel a combination of inspiration and tenacity that I haven't felt in a few years, or at least not to this degree. I went out and bought a notebook, and a few days ago, and listed all the ideas that have been building up in my brain about all the projects I keep intending to start, but haven't, due mostly to my own laziness. There are art shows, toy ideas, children's book stories, feature ideas, short ideas... And ideas kept breaking off of other ideas, like little idea amoebas.


These sketches are the first serious development work I've started in a long while... They are for an idea that I'm hoping to begin in the same way that a children's book is started, really unique visuals combined with a simple,quirky story. I'd like to see if I can stretch the story blanket for this particular idea big enough to turn it into a feature, but I'm not sure yet. I would be happy just to make a short, too... I just know that I need to get back to telling my own stories again. It's gonna take a while to find that place outside of school, but I'm ready to fight my way there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home