9.20.2006

A Long Way to Go Before I Get Where I Want to Be

This entry is dedicated to people who I look up to, and who make me want to be better at everything...

Here is an article my Dad emailed me today. Michel Gondry makes yet another appearance on my blog. After reading it, I started feeling really bummed from being comparatively inadequate. This article made me feel like I need to get more done. And also be more creative. Piece of CAKE! Right?!?! ....

riiiiiiight...

Here are the things I won at the auction:

A Joe Ranft storyboard panel from Toy Story. Joe Ranft is one of my heroes because of his ability to get so much feeling into such a simple drawing. There's a lot more to my admiration of him than that, but I think it would take a few days to fully write enough to explain it completely. I only wish I had the opportunity to have met him... Sigh... I fought hard for this drawing, though! (^-^)


sketches.05.011
A Teddy Newton sketch.


I hear he is crazy, but in the best way possible. Specifically I heard he boarded a sequence that included Pocahontas putting her head in the river and pulling a fish out with her teeth. Everyone I know who's worked with him, thinks he is one of the craziest, yet most creative people they've met. His imagination seems to have no fences around it. I would very much like to meet him one day.


There were two of these posters, both signed by Lou Romano, another one of my favorite artists. I don't even know how to explain what is awesome about his work, you just have to look at it... and once you do, you'll know... Color, shape, simplicity... all working together to = awesome. As far as the posters go, I won one of them. So awesome it makes me wanna break things!

All of them work at Pixar!!! Dang!

2 Comments:

Blogger chickennuggets said...

Wow...if Michel Gondry worked at Pixar, your head would explode.

6:08 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'm very jellus of your Joe drawing.
Kudos to you guys for working so hard for Martha. : )

11:05 PM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home