8.01.2006

OVERDRIVE!!!

I think I accidentally tripped the switch that put my life into overdrive... There are a bunch of projects I want to complete, and they are causing an avalanche in my brain... Hopefully a it will spill out as a beautiful disaster.

Here's a doodle that I did at work yesterday, when I took a space-out break.

badgirl2.003web



It's a girl holding a cord, perhaps to strangle someone with, or that has already been used for that purpose. It ended up looking less menacing than I had hoped. I decided to clean it up, and wanted to try combining the styles of Ronald Searle and Art Nouveau...

badgirl2.002web


After seeing the black and white, ink version, my friend Jen said it looks Edward Gorey-ish as well... Hooray! I like Edward Gorey!

Here's the crude, color version I did this morning:



Also, I found out yesterday that I will apparently be pitching one of my projects to Fox on Monday, at 10AM. Although I knew it was coming, I didn't know the exact date or time until yesterday afternoon at 5PM. Time to strap myself in for some personal project overtime. Let's get together for a drink when this ride slows down again-

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Bernstein said...

Congrats Liz. Good luck on the pitch. Nice girlie drawing! Glad to see you're finally learning how to draw.

6:59 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Yeah, I guess I just need to learn how to color things... Maybe I can finally get into art school...

7:56 PM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous kevin said...

awesome drawing!! i have always wished i could draw like searle, he's my fave

8:05 PM, August 01, 2006  
Blogger chris chua said...

Cool stuff, Ito! I really like the cigarette in her hand too...It makes her look very femme-fatale-ish! Good luck with the pitch.

1:19 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home