7.05.2006

Credits

I am about to have my first professional credit on a movie... EVER! It's on what was origianlly called Yankee Irving, but now it is called Everyone's Hero. In the trailer, I even recognize a few shots from sequences I did.

yankee001


It's a weird feeling, because I've told a few people my name will be on it, but a lot of people who I've told have the same reaction.

Me: I'm getting my first movie credit!
Other Person: What movie?
Me: Everyone's Hero... It used to be called Yankee Ir...
OP: (interrupting) OOooooohhhh... Is that the one about the talking bat? That looks [insert disdainful comment here].


Depending on how perceptive they are, OP will continue to talk about how much the movie is going to blow chunks...

While I don't claim to disagree with their sarcasm, sometimes it riles me up a bit... It rains a little on my parade of momentary excitement. Here's what they aren't thinking about that I am:

1.I'll be able to see how my boards were translated into something on a giant screen
2. My name will scroll past the screen in a real theater, in real life, off real 35mm film
3.(last but most importantly) I'll have a page on IMDB.


Anywho, i still have yet to see it... I hear the trailer is in front of Garfield 2.

Hee hee...

6 Comments:

Blogger chickennuggets said...

Me: I'm getting my first movie credit!
Other Person: What movie?
Me: Everyone's Hero... It used to be called Yankee Ir...
OP: (interrupting) OOooooohhhh... Is that the one about the talking bat? That looks crazy delicious!

11:42 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Chris Battle said...

Me: I work on (fill-in-the-blank)
Other Person: Never heard of it.
Me: It's in it's 3rd season.. has a toy line, video games, etc...
My wife: He worked on (Show I did 8 years ago that was a big hit)!
OP: ooooh... I thought that was Japanese.
Me: Nope...done right here in LA.
OP: Oh...You work on computers, right?
Me: No....

MORAL: Just tell people you're in accounting then change the topic.

oh yeah...Congrats!

12:19 PM, July 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of professional animation!

You're right about the up sides to it all, though; it IS really cool to see your name on a big screen. AND to see your story sketches get translated into animation. Ja!
But get use to the reaction(s)--as long as you are working, someone will think the films you work on are crap. The ones with the most experience in the actual business will [hopefully] know better than to pop your bubble, no matter what they think of the movie itself, But the fans/regular folks? Nope.

6:25 PM, July 08, 2006  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I'm glad to know funny friends and friendly folks read my blog... thanks for all the awesome comments!

1:53 PM, July 09, 2006  
Anonymous pixelwks said...

The trailer looks great IMO. How exciting to have your first movie credit. I'll wait for your name when it rolls by.

3:36 PM, July 10, 2006  
Anonymous bluecat128 said...

I like your blog Elizabeth.
Just adopted two new cats.
Bluecat128 (Uncle Harvey)

4:38 PM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home