5.31.2006

Sculpting the CatOwlPillar

I've been spending a great deal of time working on my own stuff lately. I decided to sculpt, and remembered why I like art-making in the first place. I lost track of time, focused only on the goal of getting the image in my brain out into a physical representation that others could see. I just finished sculpting my latest obsession, the CatOwlPillar.

He's made mainly out of Super Sculpey, with armature wire in his arms and legs. His fingers got a little browned from the repeated baking, and the burn marks are from the heat gun I was using... I have to learn not to put it too close. The next step is to put his whiskers on, and then paint him.





On another random note, this person likes Mister Monster, I guess. My friends at Vinyl Pulse have a little entry about it on their page. It kind of weirds me out, but in a good way. I think it might be cool to have a show full of customized Mister Monsters, but I have no idea how to organize that kind of thing. Maybe I'll get some ideas while I'm in JAPAN next week. I still can't believe I'm going so soon... Shikataganai.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Doktor A said...

Um... Hello....that would be me then....
Pleased you like it. I had never seen one of these toys before picking this one up to customise. I love it! Its such a great little fellow.. And the original character shines through even after I had defaced it......
No offence was intended by painting over your design... Its just for fun.
And now because of it I was lead directly to your splendid artwork..

A whole Mister Monster show would be wonderful... Suggest it to your nearest art-toy store or gallery and see what they think...

4:07 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger chickennuggets said...

Gah! i love the catowlpillar!

next let's see the cowfisharmadillo!

10:23 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Edward Juan said...

that looks really cool ito! beautiful works as always. it was so much fun to see you at the producers show. good luck with everything!

3:34 PM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Alexei Martins said...

Hello...your fantastic...
please enter in my blog and see my art...I'm from Brazil...and i want to become a Game-Design...

8:19 AM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home