5.14.2006

The Cute and Fun World of LocoRoco

I attended the E3 Expo on Friday, and got to play LocoRoco, a game that is soon to be released for PSP. It was one of the only games I felt was different from anything else at the show. LocoRoco is cute, whimsical, and fun... And refreshingly weird... The controls were simple, the designs- deceptively simple and appealing, all-in-all, very much an E for Everyone kind of game. I found this interview with the creator on YouTube. It made me glow with happiness to hear him talking about his reasons for making the game, and what he had to do to get Sony to understand what he wanted to do. It sounds like it's incredibly similar to trying to get your own projects and ideas through the animation studio "system".




I hope there are more games like this in the future. I'm getting really tired of hyper-realistic, gun shooting, car stealing, kill-my-friends kind of games... Lets go back to FUN! YEAY!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Bernstein said...

wow...I'm no gamer...but this game looks awesome. Shit..I think I know what I want for my birthday now. Damn...another electronic hand held device.

9:42 PM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger chickennuggets said...

When i get hit by lightning, i turn into seven little daniels too! it helps reach those hard to reach places under the couch when i'm cleaning.

10:02 PM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger MARILLA said...

Ohhhhhh
I am totally agree with youuu--!!!
sena too I believe..

1:31 PM, May 15, 2006  
Anonymous pen said...

woooooooo ... i wish we could easily make a game. ... programming.. is hard. you have to talk like a computer.

beep boop boop beep boop.

10:49 AM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home