2.08.2006

Stress Relief Through Drawing

Since I was a small child, drawing served primarily as an outlet for an overflow of emotions. Today not much is different, except that now I get paid to draw the emotions of fictional characters. The creative process is pretty much the same as when I was a kid, in the sense that I project my emotions in to the characters I'm drawing. Sometimes it can be hard to work on a sequence that is generally happy and whimsical when you are feeling not so full of whimsy. Likewise for sad sequences, they can also be tough to work on because sometimes they can bring you down.

Recently life has been unusually hectic, so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed and low. In "celebration"(?) of that, I will be posting a series of bad mood drawings, that hopefully make you laugh, and not feel all uncomfortable and weird.


*I would like to draw your attention to the bear-like qualities I've projected on myself in this drawing. My Dad says that my eyes look like the way Gary Larson depicts the eyes on bears.

3 Comments:

Blogger bad_ito said...

can you draw internal steam buildup?

1:52 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger potato farm girl said...

No be a cranky bear. Be a jolly fun time bear.

6:08 PM, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really nice way of stress relief. I like drawing, I'll try it.

5:15 AM, October 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home