1.24.2006

Storyopolis Show Reception

I received word yesterday that the reception for the Storyopolis show I am in is this Saturday, January 28th, from 7-9PM.

I am hoping that many of you will be able to attend. That is why I used bold type! Unfortunately I don't know much about the other artists in it, so you will just have to treat it like a semi-blind date.

These drawings were done last night when I was trying to develop my arsenal of tricks for drawing girls. I dunno, I think I still have a long way to go... I want to get better at coming up with tricks that are specific to certain eras of fashion and design and use them to draw characters that embody those time periods... Blah-blah-blah... I was using one of the last Tuscan Red Colerase pencils in existence. Sadly, the Colerase company discontinued a lot of it's colors a couple years ago. It's hard for artists to cope when companies discontinue their favorite products. For a little while, there was a mad rush to hoard a certain type of Pentel pen because there was a rumor they weren't making any more. As I was looking for an image to link, I came across this internet gem instead...

Speaking of discontinued products, there is a current campaign to save the Gocco printer. It's a cool little machine... Formerly manufactured in Japan, but currently being phased out. Read more about it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger chris chua said...

Your stuff never fails to make me smile...I'll try to make it to your show! Keep the posts comin!

1:52 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Skribbl said...

Sorry I can't make it girlfriend. And thanks for my Mr. Monster birthday prezzies! They rock! Say hi to Kevin for me!

9:45 AM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home