10.14.2005

Computer Problems



And so it begins...

I.T. set up a computer in my office in the afternoon on Wednesday, but it might as well have been one of these, because it only really functions as a word processor, and an email station. This is confusing to me because as far as my pilot goes, I am wearing so many hats that I can barely walk from my car to my office without dropping a few along the way. I think I need to do more than write memos, and email people.

Mind you, this is my first time for a lot of things: running a show, directing other artists, being agressive with people I barely know... So I mustered up the courage to ask for a different setup. One where the computer will function as a very basic editing tool. My request is basically this: a Mac (ideally a G5), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere (or Final Cut, or Protools, or anything really that will let me edit stuff at my desk), and a scanner. With the luck I've been having, I'll probably walk in and find one of these on my desk:


So far, I've been shot down on the scanner, which I don't mind because I have one at home, so no biggie. As far as the other stuff goes, I've been told that it is close to the setup that editors have so it might be a hard sell to the I.T. Department... I will find out more today--- sigh...



And my contract is being held up again. TGIF? Not really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Welcome to disney... you should try getting a light bulb sometime.

11:13 AM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home