3.22.2005

Would You Like Some Fries with Your Storyboards?


My new job is at Film Roman. For those unfamiliar with the studio, they have been making the Simpsons for... a while... I am not working on the Simpsons. I am working on a movie about baseball!

I am a storyboard artist. The room I work in used to be a mail room. There is a window next to my desk that looks like they used to sell stamps or something out of it. There's a few american flag stickers stuck to it, in addition to a sticker that lets people know what kind of credit cards we take. I'm thinking of charging per panel. And extra if you want to stick a post-it on the panel (ha ha, story artist humor... see, it's funny because...).

"Excuse me sir, that story panel will be $5. Sorry, nothing over a $50. And we don't take Diners Club!"

Oh yes, the monkey--- it is a toy I painted for an upcoming show. I hope you accept him, even though he might be glaring at you. (actually, he's just glaring at something next to your monitor).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Theresa P said...

Oh my God you should totally accept Diner's Club. I just used all the Diner's Club points I've earned over the years to get a Bose CD player for FREE!!!

10:52 PM, March 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the story on baseball about?
I dig the monkey. I'll accept him attitude and all.

7:45 AM, March 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the story on baseball about?
I dig the monkey. I'll accept him attitude and all.

7:47 AM, March 29, 2005  
Anonymous Abby said...

Hi Elizabeth! I'm a fellow CalArts alumni--I think I was a first year student when you were in your last year, but I'm often confused, so don't hold me to that. :D Congratulations on your baseball movie job. I love the monkey.

12:38 AM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Toby Cochran said...

You work on Everyone's Hero?

4:38 PM, June 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home